Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wild Wonders of Europe

Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland
I leave tomorrow for a quick trip to Germany where I will give a talk to the GDT (German Nature Photography Association...I think) on my work with endangered species. I will bring a camera, of course, but may only be shooting some cityscapes in Amsterdam, or some German beerhalls...

This visit to Europe, however,  gives me an excuse to plug the Wild Wonders of Europe project which, if you don't know about it, engaged a host of photographers to document wildlife and landscapes all across the continent - resulting in a stunning collection of images, exhibits, a book, and a greater awareness of the natural treasures of a part of the world people typically dismiss as overrun with people.  It was bold, creative, and enormously successful - and can serve as a model for "big idea" photographic projects worldwide. To learn more, go to their website: http://www.wild-wonders.com/

To honor my European colleagues, I am posting this shot of columnar basalt I took last year at the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland.

2 comments:

  1. amazing formation in the foreground

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend,

    Hey friend. I think your site is very interesting for me, your site give me some important information regarding wild adventures,thanks a lot!Really it is a nice blog, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it.Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete